ConTaMiNEURO 2019 Summer school ,Venice, Italy (September 9th - September 14th, 2019)
I would like to bring to your attention to the Summer School in Computational and Theoretical Models in Neuroscience, ConTaMiNEURO 2019
Approaches and techniques from Physics, Mathematics and Computational Science are increasingly becoming critical for understanding and modelling the brain, and also for designing and interpreting experiments. Modeling is an essential tool to cut through the vast complexity of neurobiological systems and their many interacting elements.
ConTaMiNEURO 2019 wants to convey central ideas, methods, and practices of modern computational neuroscience through a combination of lectures, tutorials and seminars. During the course’s mornings, distinguished international faculty deliver lectures and seminars on selected topics in computational neuroscience (see below). For the remainder of the time, students work on research projects in teams of 3-4 people under close supervision of expert tutors and faculty. Research projects will include data analyses and the development of theories to explain experimental observations.
The School is will take place from 9 to 14 September at palazzo Morelli of the University Ca’Foscari, in the heart of Venice. All the details can be found at the school website: http://neuroschool19.liphlab.com/
Thanks to the support of our sponsor, in particular the University of Padova and the newborn Padova Neuroscience Center (PNC), the early bird registration fee for Ph.Ds students and Post Docs is 200 Euro, deadline is 30 June 2019. MAX 40 participants.
ConTaMiNEURO 2019 is co-organized by Samir Suweis, Amos Maritan, Maurizio Corbetta, Marco Formentin, Stefano Vassanelli (University of Padova), Achille Giacometti (University of Venice) and Miguel A. Muñoz (University of Granada).
• Ken Miller, Columbia University, USA.
• Yiota Poirazi, IMBB-FORTH, Creta.
• Nicolas Brunel, Duke University, USA.
• Andrea Brovelli, University of Marsille.
• Jordi Soriano, University of Barcellona
• Mazzuccato Luca, Columbia University & University of Oregon
• Stefano Panzeri, IIT Rovereto
• Jesus Cortes, IKERBASQUE: The Basque Foundation for Science
• Lucilla De Arcangelis, University of Naples
• Raffaella Burioni, University of Parma
• Gustavo Deco, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona
• Susanne Ditlevsen, University of Copenaghen
• Alessandro Treves, Trieste SISSA
• Misha Tsodyks, Weizmann Institute of Science
• Marco Zorzi, University of Padova
• Lamberto Ballan, University of Padova
• Eleni Vasilaki, University of Shieffield
• Marcello Pelillo, European Center of Living Techonology & University of Venice
• Tommaso Fellin, IIT Genova
• Maria Victoria Sánchez Vives , ICREA-IDIBAPS (Barcelona)
• Marco dal Maschio, University of Padova
• Serena del Santo, University of Granada
• Lorenzo Fontolan, Janelia Farm