2 day course - Monday 24th - Tuesday 25th February 2020
Overview: NICE and similar agencies around the world are using QALYs, hence the need for health state utility data in their assessments of the cost effectiveness of health care interventions. This raises questions about the measurement of health, the valuation of health and whose values to use. It creates additional challenges for meeting the requirements of a ‘reference case’ set of methods that may not be appropriate in all circumstances.
• What are the key issues in obtaining health state utility values?
• Does it matter which instruments are used?
• What is the current NICE reference case and requirements in other jurisdictions?
• When are EQ-5D and other generic measures not appropriate?
• What utility instruments are available for children?
• What are the latest development in EQ-5D including EQ-5D-5L valuation?
• What should be done when EQ-5D and other generics are not appropriate or not available?
• How can mapping be used to estimate utility values from disease specific measures?
• Social value QALY weights
• How do you search for utility values and what is the role of systematic reviews and meta-analysis of utility values?
• How should utility values be incorporated into cost effectiveness models?
• What is the role for wellbeing within HTA?
• The development of condition specific measures (including the ReQol for mental health).
Early bird booking for this course will close 20th December 2019
Standard rate booking will close 10th February 2020
Link to further course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/shortcourseunit/hta_utility_data
ScHARR also runs FREE open learning courses which anyone can register for. These exciting courses take the form of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and are available via the Open University's Futurelearn website.
• Health Technology Assessment: Choosing which treatments get funded, https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/hta
• Valuing Health: Quality Adjusted Life years and Patient Reported Outcome Measures,
The videos from each of these courses can be viewed at the link below:
Link to our online store, for all ScHARR short course bookings: