New Online Workshops in Health Economic Evaluation November/December 2020 - Now open for online bookings
The Centre for Health Economics, University of York, is delighted to announce that we are planning to hold our long-standing short courses in health economic evaluation online in November and December 2020, which we have renamed the York Online Workshops in Health Economic Evaluation.
These online workshops will mirror the face-to-face versions of the York Summer Workshops which we have held for 25 years. Consistently fully subscribed, these Workshops are aimed at those initiating, undertaking, managing or interpreting economic evaluations of medicines and other interventions.
Our workshops attract participants from around the world who work in academia, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, consultancy, health systems, government and HTA organisations. These diverse backgrounds enhance the world-renowned expert teaching benefiting our participants, by also being able to share their own contexts with each other.
The 2020 York Online Workshops will offer:
• Video-recorded lectures from world renowned CHE senior health economists split into ‘bitesize’ sections.
• Exercises relating to each topic to confirm understanding.
• An online forum monitored by CHE health economists to support participants' work on the exercises and enable participants to interact with and support each other.
• Model answers and video-recorded run-throughs for each exercise by CHE senior health economists.
• Daily 'live’ question and answer sessions with CHE senior health economists relating to each lecture and exercise.
• A final ‘live’ Q&A session with CHE senior health economists at the end of the workshop.
Our online forums and ‘live’ sessions will involve numbers of participants no larger than those for our face-to-face workshops (i.e. approximately 60 participants).
We offer two York Online Workshops:
Foundations of Economic Evaluation in Health Care
Workshop Leaders: Professor Michael Drummond, Professor Mark Sculpher and Professor Andrea Manca
Booking and further details about this workshop are here on our website
Advanced Methods for Cost-Effectiveness Analysis: Meeting Decision-Makers' Requirements
Workshop Leaders: Professor Mark Sculpher and Professor Michael Drummond
Course Fees and Registration
We offer a public sector discounted rate which only applies to not-for-profit organisations (e.g. universities, charities, hospitals), government agencies and other public bodies worldwide. The same discounted rate also applies to PhD students.
Details of course fees and discount can be found on our workshops website.
Registration is done online by Credit/Debit Card for instant payment and a guaranteed secured place on your chosen workshop (please note the University of York does not accept American Express cards)
Places on the workshops are available to book until 6 November 2020.