Mostrar las partes HTML
Esconda cabeceras de correo

Autor: [<< Primero] [< Prev] [Siguiente >] [Último >>]

Print Responder
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:09:33 +0200
Emisor:
AES ECONSALUD <[log in para visualizar]>
Sender:
Economía de la Salud <[log in para visualizar]>
An Introduction to Policy Evaluation for Public Health
12th October 2018
Newcastle University

Register Here: https://webstore.ncl.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-medical-sciences/institute-of-health-society/an-introduction-to-policy-evaluation-for-public-health-october-2018

Description: This course introduces statistical techniques to evaluate public health interventions and policy. We start with a discussion of same basic economic concepts that will be useful for thinking about how to frame questions and what factors you may want to consider in your estimation models. Next, we outline how to interpret statistical results and questions to ask yourself when reading public health papers. We then focus on correlation vs causation and the importance of correctly interpreting results when evaluating policy and the factors that are likely to bias your results and impact on your ability to estimate a causal impact of policy and/or interventions. Then we move onto highlighting key datasets available from the UK that can be used to evaluate public health policy and interventions. The final part of the day focuses on three different estimation techniques that can be used for policy evaluation. We discuss how to set-up each model, interpret the results, and strengths and weaknesses of each approach.

In addition, to the face to face portion of this course there is also an online component to be completed after sitting in on the course. The online component will allow the students to test their knowledge and set-up a hypothetical policy evaluation scenario to test their learning.

Any questions please email me at [log in para visualizar]