Mostrar las partes HTML

Autor: [<< Primero] [< Prev] [Siguiente >] [Último >>]

Ramon Planet <[log in para visualizar]>
Reply To:
Fecha:
Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:42:56 +0200
Buenos días,

El profesor Alberto Fernández-Nieves y yo estamos organizando una Focus
sesión para el próximo March Meeting del APS (14-18 de marzo de 2022) sobre
materia activa y medios granulares. Os dejo el anuncio (en inglés) bajo
estas líneas por si os resulta de interés.

Cordialmente,

Ramon Planet

Dear colleagues,

We are organizing a Focus Session on “Active and externally driven granular
matter” (02.01.13) at the APS March meeting 2022 (March 14-18 2022,
Chicago, USA). This session aims to be a meeting point for anybody working
with granular and active matter, doing either experiment, simulation or
theory. Topics and systems of interest include biological and synthetic
(for instance robotic) collectives, grains in external fields, mechanical
properties, fluctuations and avalanches, wave propagation, and dynamical
behavior. The plan is to bring together experts within soft and granular
matter, active matter, and non-linear dynamics, to share their knowledge
and expertise with the goal of identifying the key features and ingredients
that control the physics behind the behavior of these systems.

The deadline for submitting abstracts to the 2022 APS March meeting is
approaching (October 22, 2021) and, if you haven’t submitted an abstract
yet, we encourage you to consider submitting doing so to this Focus session.

In parallel to the focus session, we are planning a special issue with the
journal "Frontiers in Physics - Soft Matter Physics" that will include
interested contributors. If you would like to submit a paper to this
special issue, please, send us an email (
[log in para visualizar] & [log in para visualizar]
<[log in para visualizar]> ) .

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago.

Best regards,

Ramon Planet & Alberto Fernandez-Nieves

--
Ramon Planet
Professor lector del departament *Física de la Matèria Condensada*

Facultat de Física, Universitat de Barcelona
Martí i Franquès 1, 08028 Barcelona

E-mail: [log in para visualizar]
E-mail (2): [log in para visualizar]