PAPI Archivos

The PAPI authentication and authorization framework

PAPI@LISTSERV.REDIRIS.ES

Opciones: Vista Clásica

"Diego R. Lopez" <[log in para visualizar]>
Mon, 18 May 2009 13:05:59 +0200
Hi,

On 16 May 2009, at 20:59, Roberto S. G. wrote:
> I've been using this "strange" ldap conf in AuthServer.cf for a while
> (with also a little modification in LDAPAuth.pm):

Well, it's not that strange... You use LDAP to validate user credentials
and a default set of assertions.

>   $$cfg{authenticationHook} = \&PAPI::LDAPAuth::VerifyUser;
>   $$cfg{credentialHook} = \&PAPI::BasicAuth::DefCredentials;
>   $$cfg{attrRequestHook} = \&PAPI::BasicAuth::DefAttributes;
> so I could authenticate ldap users, without including PAPI
> objectclasses
> in my ldap schema.

Our experience is that this has not been so unusual. PAPI classes make
sense mainly if you want to either:

+ Dynamically manage a great number of different permission sets
through groups

+ Offer a simple interface to operation staff for dealing with
assertions and
   access rights.

Otherwise, there are alternatives you can choose. The two that first
come to
my mind are:

1) You put reference(s) to variable inside the default assertion
templates, and
    you fill these variables according to the different cases you have
inside the
    BasicAuth.pm processing.

2) You change the LDAP filters and attribute refereces in use inside
the LDAPAuth.pm
    module to avoid the need for PAPI objectlasses.

Both require some changes to the distribution code, but I don't think
they are going
difficult to do (as the basic logic is not affected) or maintain (the
*Auth.pm
modules are pretty stable).

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez