View with English headings
University Assistant – Postdoc,
at University of Innsbruck, Austria
• As soon as possible.
• For a period of 4 years; full-time or part-time (20 hours/week).
• Department of Subject Didactics, Section for Language Education (Institut für Fachdidaktik, Bereich Didaktik der Sprachen).
Extent of employment:
• 40 hours/week or 20 hours/week.
• Conduct independent research, maintaining a research profile compatible with the department’s research programs.
• Contribute to the department’s research programs.
• Carry out independent, research-based teaching as well as participate in the department’s cross-linguistic teaching.
• Assume roles in the department’s administration and organisation.
• A Ph.D. in hand in English / French or Spanish as well as a degree in teacher training (or equivalent) for English / French or Spanish.
• Experience in teaching English / French or Spanish in a school context; teaching experience in the field of language didactics and methodology at university level; research in the field of language didactics/teaching; desired: publications in international journals and experience in obtaining third party resources as well as international experience in countries where the studied languages are spoken.
• Level of English: C2; level of German, if not native speaker: C1; level of French or Spanish: C1.
• Capacity and willingness to cooperate on a local and international level.
• Creative problem-solving competence, evidence of capacity to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment, pedagogic-didactic competences.
The minimum gross salary (stipulated by collective agreement) for this position amounts to € 3.382 per month (14 times). Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
We are looking forward to receiving your online application by 16 January 2013. http://orawww.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.home