|Infoling en Facebook||Infoling en Twitter|
View with English headings and Google-translated Description
The Faculty of Arts is seeking to
fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of
Tenured academic staff in the area of Spanish linguistics and language proficiency in Spanish.
- You are responsible for teaching Spanish linguistics and language proficiency in Spanish at the BA and MA levels, including phonetics/phonology, morphosyntax, semantics, and pragmatics. You will cover various (sub)domains of Spanish linguistics in your courses. You also coordinate the grammar and language proficiency courses at the BA level.
- You will be assigned the following lecturing duties: Spanish Proficiency 3 (BA2, 4 ECTS); Spanish Linguistics 1 (BA1, 4 ECTS, preferably taught in Dutch); Spanish Linguistics 2 (BA2, 6 ECTS); Spanish Linguistics 3 (BA3, 4 ECTS) as well as an MA course in Spanish linguistics (6 ECTS).
- You will conduct scientific research in the areas of (Spanish) morphosyntax, semantics, and/or pragmatics, in line with the ongoing research in these domains in the Department.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will offer additional services, including mentoring Spanish students at the BA level.
Profile and requirements:
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Spanish linguistics.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have (near-)native fluency in Spanish.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
Commensurate with the experience and the academic qualifications
- Either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria.
- Or a full-time position as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably.
- The date of appointment will be October 1, 2014.
- A gross monthly salary ranging from € 4 009,43 – € 5 910,19 for a full-time lecturer, € 4 591,43 – € 7 213,07 for a full-time senior lecturer.
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.