Associate Research Officer (2 positions)
Quantitative Life Sciences
Recruitment open to:
Internal and external candidates
Type of contract:
Project Appointment (PA)
Deadline (midnight, Trieste time):
25 October 2017
How to apply
http://www.ictp.it/about-ictp/ personnel-office/employment.as px
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall supervision of the ICTP Director and direct supervision of the Senior Researcher and the Research Scientist of the Quantitative Life Sciences (QLS) Section, respectively, the incumbent will initiate and undertake world-class research in the field of Quantitative Life Sciences and assist in the planning and implementation of the scientific activities of the section and in the fulfilment of the Centre's mission. Essential responsibilities include:
- Undertake front-line research in fields related to Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, Systems and Computational Neuroscience including Statistical Learning.
- Organization of seminars, schools, workshops, conferences and topical meetings, and selection of participants.
- Review the applications for postdoctoral work and Associateships, and short-term and long-term visits.
- Teach, as required, in Diploma Course Programs. Collaborate, as appropriate, with the Associates as well as other visitors to the Centre, especially those from developing countries.
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the Section's work.
EducationAdvanced university degree (PhD or equivalent) in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or areas related to Quantitative Life Sciences.Work ExperienceAt least 2 years of relevant professional experience, of which preferably 1 year acquired at the international level.Documented record of excellence in research.Skills/CompetenciesStrong analytical and organizational skills.Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.Excellent communication skills.LanguagesExcellent knowledge of English.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
This is an extra-budgetary position classified as a project appointment with an intended medium term period of employment (5 years). Although having staff member status and enjoying the same benefits, the incumbent will be considered an external applicant if later applying for a regular post. For this post, the net annual remuneration will start at US$ 66,370 and is exempt from income tax. UN Pension plan and medical insurance are provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must use the ICTP's online application system which is accessible via ICTP's website at http://www.ictp.it/about-ic
tp/personnel-office/employment .aspxIn addition, candidates should send a curriculum vita and list of publications to the ICTP Personnel Office (email: [log in para visualizar] it).For information: Personnel Office, Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Strada Costiera, 11, 34151 Trieste, Italy.E-mail: [log in para visualizar] it, phone: +39-040-2240-595/596/695Quantitative Life Sciences Section, Email: [log in para visualizar]