Please distribute. Apologies for multiple postings.

Announcement and Call for contributions to the
XXVI Sitges Conference on Statistical Mechanics:
New Trends in Statistical Physics, 50 years of the Sitges Conference
Sitges, Spain, 27-31 May 2019

Dear Colleague,

This is the announcement and call for contributions to the "XXVI Sitges Conference on Statistical Mechanics", that will take place in Sitges, a charming seaside resort near Barcelona, Spain, from the 27th until the 31st of May 2019.

The title of the forthcoming edition of the Sitges Conference will be "New Trends in Statistical Physics”. In this special edition, we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Conference. We will have the participation of prominent researchers in the areas of physics, chemistry and biology working on current topics of interest for the community of Statistical Physics.

With the organization of this Conference, we will provide a unique opportunity to exchange points of view, to promote contacts and new collaborations among researchers working on different interdisciplinary areas, and to create a forum for debate about the new trends in Statistical Physics.

We are pleased to announce the following list of Invited Plenary Speakers (* to be confirmed):

Dick Bedeaux, NTNU, Norway
Sergey M. Bezrukov, NICHD/NIH, Bethesda, USA
Mike Cates, University of Cambridge, UK
Luca Gammaitoni, University of Perugia, Italy
Pierre Gaspard, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Ramin Golestanian, MPI for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Germany, and Univ. of Oxford, UK
Peter Grassberger, JSC, FZ Jülich, Germany
Ewa Gudowska-Nowak*, Jagiellonian University, Poland
Peter Hänggi, University of Augsburg, Germany
Alex Hansen, NTNU, Norway
Hans J. Herrmann, PMMH, ESPCI Paris, France
Frank Jülicher, Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Germany
David R. Nelson, Harvard University, USA
Michele Parrinello, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Lars Pettersson, Stockholm University, Sweden
Itamar Procaccia, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Salvatore Torquato, Princeton University, USA

The list of plenary and invited contributors will be periodically updated in the conference web-page: http://www.ffn.ub.es/sitges

Important Deadlines:

Abstract submission: 5 March 2019
Announcement of acceptance of abstracts: 19 March 2019
Early registration fee payment: 26 March 2019
Final program communication: 30 April 2019

You can register and see the outline structure of this and previous conferences at the web-site
http://www.ffn.ub.es/sitges , which will be updated and completed as the Conference planning proceeds.

If you are interested in presenting a talk or a poster communication, please indicate so in your registration and submit a single page abstract following the instructions that can be found in the web page.

We would be very grateful if you could circulate the conference notice to your colleagues, post-docs, and Ph.D. students, and encourage them to submit talks and/or posters.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Sitges!

The Organizing Committee of the XXVI Sitges Conference

Giancarlo Franzese
Ivan Latella
David Reguera
J. Miguel Rubi