Subject: [Vacancy] Postdoc on Advanced Data Analysis of Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Dynamics and Extreme Events
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 14:49:56 +0200
From: Reik Donner <[log in para visualizar]>

Dear colleagues and friends,

please find attached some information on a current opening for a
three-year postdoctoral position (fixed-term contract until 31 May 2023)
to work on applying advanced data analysis methods for empirical process
inference from big climate model data in the context of coupled
ocean-atmosphere variability and (mid-latitude) extreme events. The
position is part of the recently established JPI Climate/JPI Oceans
project ROADMAP funded by BMBF and coordinated by MPI Hamburg, and is to
be filled at the earliest possible date.

The successful candidate will be hired as a part of my evolving research
group at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences in close
collaboration with Dim Coumou's team at the Potsdam Institute for
Climate Impact Research (PIK) and the Free University of Amsterdam. It
is anticipated that the successful applicant will be able to work as a
guest scientist at PIK's Research Department 1 (Earth System Analysis).

In case you are interested in further details, please drop me an email.
In addition, I would be most happy if you could also forward this
information to any other potentially interested colleagues.

I'm looking forward to seeing you very soon again in person.

All the best,
Reik Donner

--
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Reik Donner

Professor for Mathematics (Data Science and Stochastic Modelling)
Department of Water, Environment, Construction and Safety
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
Breitscheidstr. 2
39114 Magdeburg Germany

Group Leader BMBF Young Investigators Group CoSy-CC2
Complex Systems Approaches to Understanding Causes and Consequences
of Past, Present and Future Climate Change

Research Domain IV - Transdisciplinary Concepts & Methods
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
P.O. Box 601203
14412 Potsdam
Germany

Email: [log in para visualizar], [log in para visualizar]