From: Mara Bernabei <[log in para visualizar]>
Date: Thursday, 15 October 2020 at 09:40
To: Alessandro Patti <[log in para visualizar]>
Subject: PhD studentship

Good morning Alessandro,

I hope this email finds you well.

As I have already mentioned you, I am opening a position for a fully funded a PhD (via MPhil) studentship in the Jost Institute for Tribotechnology, within the School of Engineering, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).

The studentship is tenable for up to 3 years full time.  Both Home/EU and international Applicants may apply, but international students will be required to meet the difference between home/EU fees and international fees (Current rates Home/EU £4300 per year, International £14950 per year).The studentship will provide a standard UCLan annual stipend, currently £15,009 per year (subject to satisfactory progress).

It is expected the successful applicant will commence on the 11th January 2021.

The vacancy will be advertise on UCLan website (https://www.uclan.ac.uk/research/study/studentships.php)  and Find a PhD very soon, and will be closed on 5th November. The interview is expecting to take place on 9th November. If you know any student interested in the position, please tell him/her to contact me directly.

The project title is On-line lubricant degradation monitoring by vapour phase analysis.

The research aims to develop an array of chemical gas sensors for online monitoring of lubricant oil degradation by vapour phase analysis. Hence, the system will overcome the problems presented by the actual monitoring processes that off line, expensive and often require trained personnel. The project will also seek to elucidate fundamental elements of lubricant degradation, by coupling the vapour phase analysis with mass spectrometry and other analytical processes.

Please, see the attached documents for more details on the project and for and applicant’s specification.

Please share this email with your colleagues/friends and your students and tell them to contact me for any information they need ([log in para visualizar]).

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Mara

Mara Bernabei, PhD, FHEA

Senior Lecturer

Jost Institute for Tribotechnology,

School of Engineering,

University of Central Lancashire,

Preston PR1 2HE, Lancashire, UK.

Image removed by sender. University of Central Lancashire