Oferta de plaza de posible interés para algunos miembros de la lista.

Buen año,

Roger

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: FW: Opening for Assistant Professorship in Digital Chemistry at ETH Zurich
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 13:20:02 +0000
From: Pérez-Ramirez Javier <[log in para visualizar]>
To: [log in para visualizar] <[log in para visualizar]>
CC: Guillén Gosalbez Gonzalo <[log in para visualizar]>, Pérez-Ramirez Javier <[log in para visualizar]>

Benvolgut Roger,

We are pleased to let you know that we have just advertised a new opening for an Assistant Professorship in Digital Chemistry at ETH Zurich. This is an area that we are looking to strengthen both in the Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, where the position will be based at ETH Zurich, and across Switzerland.

https://ethz.ch/en/the-eth-zurich/working-teaching-and-research/faculty-affairs/ausgeschriebene-professuren/naturwissenschaften-und-mathematik/AP_Digital_Chemistry.html

The position is supported by the recently established National Center of Competence in Research, NCCR Catalysis, an initiative funded mainly by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The program aims to develop new catalytic processes that enable the production of societally-relevant compounds like fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and functional materials from abundant and renewable small-molecule feedstocks (e.g., carbon dioxide, methane, water, or nitrogen).

To achieve the required fundamental understanding of relevant phenomena at length and time scales spanning ten orders of magnitude – from the atom to the full‐scale process – NCCR Catalysis combines multidisciplinary and cross-dimensional modes, connecting research from chemistry, biotechnology, chemical and process engineering, and computer science. The adoption of digital methods sets the foundations for accelerating chemical discovery and the translation into competitive plant‐ready technologies with tangible benefits to people and the environment.

We are targeting talented candidates anywhere from recent Ph.D. graduates to upper thirties. The deadline for submission is 28 February 2021.

We would really appreciate it if you could activate your network to announce this unique opportunity as broadly as possible. We are happy to receive recommendations of potential candidates to reach out to.

With best wishes from Zurich,

Javier and Gonzalo

Javier Pérez-Ramírez, Director of NCCR Catalysis www.nccr-catalysis.ch

Gonzalo Guillén Gosálbez, Head of the Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering https://chab.ethz.ch/en/research/institutes/ICB.html