Doctoral position in mathematical modelling of drug resistance
We are seeking a Ph.D. student to work within the Department of Visceral Surgery &
Medicine, Bern University Hospital, on a project to study mathematical models of drug
resistance. This PhD position will be part of an international collaboration between
researchers from Switzerland (Bern University Hospital), Italy (ICTP-The Abdus
Salam International Centre for Theoretical physics,
www.ictp.it) and Philippines
(University of the Philippines) to address key questions on stochastic resetting
strategies on therapy changes to prevent drug resistance development. The project will
involve mathematical modelling, numerical simulations, statistical analysis and data
• A master's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, computational
biology or statistics. Candidates with a biological background will have to be able
to demonstrate expertise in programming.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Ability to work independently in an international environment.
• Expertise in at least one programming language, such as C, Matlab, Python or R.
• Knowledge in topics such as stochastic processes, epidemiology and data
analysis are desirable.
Position available immediately
Salary: will be determined according to University of Bern, Swiss National Science
No teaching duties are involved