---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: The Beg Rohu Summer School <[log in para visualizar]>
Date: sáb, 6 feb 2021 a las 17:57
Subject: Announcement of the 2021 Beg Rohu Summer School of statistical physics and condensed matter
To: The Beg Rohu Summer School <[log in para visualizar]>

Dear Colleague,

this is the announcement of the 2021 Beg Rohu summer school of statistical physics and condensed matter:

Statistical Mechanics and Emergent Phenomena in Biology

Lectures:

N. Brunel: Models of Memory in Networks of Neurons
A. Cavagna: Collective Behaviour in Biological Systems
S. Ganguli: Complex Neural Dynamics and High-Dimensional Data Analysis
M. Loreau: Theoretical Ecology
F. van Wijland: Methods for Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics

Seminars: M. Barbier, J.-P. Bouchaud

The school will take place from the 31st of May to the 12th of June 2021 at the French National Sailing School, on the peninsula of Quiberon in southern Brittany, France.

Concerning the COVID19 emergency situation, we will monitor and adapt to it.
Since we are convinced that scientific and social interactions at the school are crucial for students, our plan is to run the school onsite.

More detailed information can be found on the school webpage:
https://www.ipht.fr/Meetings/BegRohu2021/index.html
The deadline for application is the 15th of April.

A special care will be devoted to pedagogy: there will be long series
of lectures on the blackboard that will go progressively from
the basics to the current research edge.
Furthermore, there will be sailing lessons in the afternoon.

We would be grateful if you would bring this announcement to the
attention of PhD students, postdocs, young and senior researchers
interested in statistical physics and biology
and transfer this announcement to other colleagues.

Sincerely,
Giulio Biroli, Chiara Cammarota, Marco Tarzia