Por si es de interés, os reenvío el recordatorio del plazo de presentación de eventos del próximo programa flagship de CECAM

Atentamente,
Ignacio Pagoanabrraga

CECAM Flagship Call

Dear Friends of CECAM,

This is our reminder that the call for proposals for the CECAM flagship program in 2022 will close on  18 July 2021

Results of this call will be communicated by December 15 2021.

The CECAM year for events will run from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023. Flagship events can be  run at  CECAM HQ (Lausanne, Lugano, and Zürich) or at one of the seventeen CECAM nodes. Events involving collaboration between different CECAM nodes are welcome.

Proposals are submitted online via https://www.cecam.orgTypical CECAM formats are:

  • CECAM workshops, a forum for the discussion of new ideas and applications in the broad domain of simulation and modelling. CECAM workshops normally last for 3 days and have between 20 and 35 participants.

  • CECAM schools, where Master and PhD students, postdocs, and those interested in changing fields can learn about the simulation-driven approach to science and get a first-class grounding in new methods from experts. Schools normally last 5 days and have between 30 and 40 participants.

  • CECAM alternative formats. We encourage you to imagine proposals with innovative formats (e.g. spend longer analyzing an important problem, or propose a smaller discussion meeting on a specific issue of high relevance) using the available option in the submission form. We are open to explore scientific events with different designs and collaborate for their optimal realization.

As we face the CoVid crisis, we have worked to refine and develop new tools for CECAM events and updated our infrastructure with state-of-the-art equipment for hybrid events and webinars. Please inquire about these new tools and consider if you wish to exploit them to enhance your event (e.g. include  remote attendees in a hybrid format, improve management of hands-on sessions in schools).

On our website, you will find more information and important guidelines highlighting the specificity of the CECAM format and style. Read carefully this material: it plays a relevant role, in addition  to scientific excellence, in the evaluation process. In particular, we strive to propose an open and inclusive program, thus applications must pay attention to gender balance, diversity of geographical provenance, and  engagement of  scientists at different stages of their careers

If you have any enquiries or worries about your proposal, do not hesitate to send a note to [log in para visualizar]. We are well aware of the continuing uncertainty of these months and we are ready to collaborate to facilitate your task.

We are looking forward to receiving your proposals.

Ignacio Pagonabarraga

CECAM Director

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Aquest missatge, i els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver, pot contenir informació confidencial o protegida legalment i s’adreça exclusivament a la persona o entitat destinatària. Si no consteu com a destinatari final o no teniu l’encàrrec de rebre’l, no esteu autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar-ne el contingut. Si l’heu rebut per error, informeu-ne el remitent i elimineu del sistema tant el missatge com els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver.

Este mensaje, y los ficheros adjuntos que pueda incluir, puede contener información confidencial o legalmente protegida y está exclusivamente dirigido a la persona o entidad destinataria. Si usted no consta como destinatario final ni es la persona encargada de recibirlo, no está autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, modificarlo, distribuirlo o copiarlo, ni a revelar su contenido. Si lo ha recibido por error, informe de ello al remitente y elimine del sistema tanto el mensaje como los ficheros adjuntos que pueda contener.

This email message and any attachments it carries may contain confidential or legally protected material and are intended solely for the individual or organization to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or the person responsible for processing it, then you are not authorized to read, save, modify, send, copy or disclose any part of it. If you have received the message by mistake, please inform the sender of this and eliminate the message and any attachments it carries from your account.