From: David H. Wolpert <[log in para visualizar]>
Subject: Postdoc fellowships at Santa Fe Institute
Date: 3 August 2021 at 17:01:05 CEST
To: <[log in para visualizar]>

Dear Colleagues,

The Santa Fe Institute's Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowships, comprising the Omidyar and ASU-SFI Fellowships, are extraordinary opportunities for early-career scientists. Our application site opens on August 2nd, and the deadline is October 24th, 2021.

The Fellowships offer the opportunity to join a collaborative research community that nurtures creative, transdisciplinary thought in pursuit of key insights about the complex systems that matter most for science and society. Potentially any topic related to stochastic thermodynamics would be appropriate. The application form, requirements, and program for both fellowships are identical.

Please pass on this announcement to any suitable candidates in your research group or larger community. I would be especially grateful if you would recommend female candidates or those from underrepresented minority groups.

If appropriate, please also post the attached flyer in your department.

The SFI Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowships offer:
- unparalleled intellectual freedom
- transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide
- up to three years in residence at the Santa Fe Institute
- dedicated funds for research and collaboration
- a structured leadership training program
- competitive salary and paid family leave

Requirements include:
- a Ph.D. in any scientific discipline within the past 6 years or completed prior to September 2022
- an exemplary academic record
- a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- strong quantitative and computational skills
- a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research
- evidence of the ability to think beyond traditional paradigms

SFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. SFI is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples and is committed to building a culturally diverse research environment. U.S. citizenship is not a requirement, however, you must be legally able to work in the US. SFI will sponsor a J1 Visa for successful candidates. SFI is not able to sponsor a H1B Visa for candidates.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would reach out to top candidates that you know personally and encourage them to apply.

Please find the Omidyar Fellowship flyer: https://mcusercontent.com/6215fbe22a69c90e30fdba26a/files/651ebbad-a450-2cdb-91f6-e8260629fc1c/SFI_Fellows_Flyer.pdf

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or
Chris Kempes [log in para visualizar], Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship Search Committee Chair

Sincerely,
David Wolpert
Santa Fe Institute Faculty

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp